Specialty: Emergency Medicine
Grading: Specialist / Consultant
Number of positions: Multiple
Job Hours: Permanent and Temporary positions available, FTE is varied and negotiable
Required qualifications: Accredited by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine to deliver 12 months Registrar training
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Hawera Hospital, South Taranaki Rural Health, Hawera
Permanent and Temporary positions available
FTE is varied and negotiable
- Join a team of 17 FACEM and other emergency medicine trained specialists
- Providing a 24/7 service with approximately 33,000 and 16,000 patient visits per year
- Accredited by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine to deliver 12 months Registrar training
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the Role
Emergency Medicine Specialists work between two sites at Taranaki Base Hospital, located in New Plymouth, and Hawera Hospital, located 1-hour drive south. The roster involves approximately 18 shifts over a six-week period. You are supported locally by nearly all medical and surgical specialties, and have mid-level providers, junior doctors and medical students working or rotating through them.
The accredited training programme has been successful with trainees recently passing their fellowship exams.
There is provision for ample paid CME and vacation leave to take when you want to take time for fun or learning.
In Taranaki you would:
- Provide emergent care for the entire district
- See a full range of patient presentations
- Work closely with other specialists to achieve the best care possible for your patients, and build more than surface level relationships with colleagues
- Be enjoying the enthusiasm and refining your training talents when helping develop junior staff and students in the departments.
- Expectation you will participate in education and assessment of junior medical staff and students
For more information regards Taranaki Base Hospital in New Plymouth contact Dr Michael Connelly, Clinical Director – Emergency Medicine, via email: Michael.Connelly@tdhb.org.nz
For more information regards the Hawera Hospital / Rural Hospital Medicine contact Dr Emma Davey, Clinical Director, South Taranaki Rural Health, via email: Emma.Davey@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is 15 August 2022. However should we make appointments prior to this date, we will close the advertisement early.
To apply for this job please visit adhbrac.taleo.net.
Have any questions?
Vacancy contact details
Name: Carla Jones