Specialty: Emergency Medicine
Grading: Specialist / Consultant
Number of positions: 1-2
Job Hours: Part time/Full time
Required qualifications: Vocationally registered in Emergency Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ) Fellowship (or eligibility for) of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine or ACEM Fellowship Examinations complete Competence in Emergency point-of-care ultrasound
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora – Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Service: Te Pae Tiaki, Emergency Department
Contract: Permanent/fixed term, full time/part time
Salary: As per ASMS MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
We are looking for Consultant Emergency Medicine Physicians to join our team of 22 Emergency Physicians in the Te Pae Tiaki – Wellington Emergency Department.
We are a mixed adult-paediatric department (20% children) with around 65,000 annual presentations and an admission rate of 40%. Wellington is also the regional tertiary and trauma centre and is supported in-house by most specialties. We have a 6 bed ED Observation Unit, a fully functional Minor Care Zone (Rohe Kākāriki) and a separate Paediatric zone (Rohe Tamariki). Education and training of future Emergency Physicians are high priorities for the department and the successful candidate will be required to participate in this program.
We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in ED POC Ultrasound who are motivated to participate in development of an ultrasound faculty as well as applications from Māori or Pasifika Fellows.
FACEM duties include:
- Empathetic, timely and high quality care of patients in the Emergency Department
- Supervise Trainee Interns, House Officers and Registrars
- Assist with acute flow through the Department
- Participate in assessment, management and disposition of patients in the Emergency Department Observation Unit
- Participate in clinical support activities through individual portfolios
- Maintain medical knowledge and skills essential to the role
Moū – About you
- Vocationally registered in Emergency Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- Fellowship (or eligibility for) of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine or ACEM Fellowship Examinations complete
- Competence in Emergency point-of-care ultrasound
- Participate in rotating rostered, including evenings and weekends
- An enthusiastic team-based approach
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley district is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. We operate three hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown, Hutt Valley Hospital and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kāpiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District is a pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
Me pēhea te tuku tono – How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them and continuing with the recruitment process.
We are accepting Recruitment agency’s applicants, please submit applications online.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
To apply for this job please visit capitalhealth.careercentre.net.nz.
Have any questions?
Vacancy contact details
Name: Sandra Tam
Position: SMO recruitment advisor
Phone: (04) 806 2547