General Adult Psychiatrist, Inpatient Mental Health Services
Workplace MidCentral DHB
Grading Specialist / Consultant
Commencement date Open
Hours per week 40
Application closing date 09 Sep 2018
We are looking for a dedicated General Adult Psychiatrist to join the Mental Health and Addiction Service at MidCentral District Health Board primarily working in an Inpatient setting, with a flexibility to work in a community setting if required.
The service has embarked on a significant redevelopment programme in the past 18 months, with a new Clinical Director, and Multidisciplinary Executive Leadership Team, as well as practicing psychiatrists. Our service is consolidating our recent gains and our goal in the immediate future is to further develop an integrated range of well connected services along with our NGO partners in our community.
We had several new Psychiatrists joining the team in the first half of 2016 and we are looking to recruit another permanent Psychiatrist to further enhance the continuity of care we provide to our patient population.
We provide comprehensive community-based mental health services across the complete age range including:
• Child, adolescent and family mental health services
• Comprehensive community adult services
• Specialist Maori mental health services (Oranga Hinengaro)
• Specialist services for Mental Health for the elderly
• Specialist community alcohol and drug services including OST services
• Comprehensive 24 hour acute care services (crisis intervention service)
• Acute inpatient services (including intensive mental health care-26 beds)
• General hospital liaison psychiatry
• Early intervention services
• Intensive community rehabilitation services.
We have a commitment to continuing medical education and professional development and our peer review group is enrolled with the maintenance of professional standards programme of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. We are recognised by the College for registrar training in inpatient, general adult community, and child and adolescent psychiatry, and this is an area we are seeking to further develop.
There are opportunities to participate in the further development of the service delivery model, develop an area of special interest or become involved in research.
For further information please contact:
Dr Marcel Westerlund, Clinical Director, Mental Health and Addiction Services Marcel.Westerlund@midcentraldhb.govt.nz
or Christine Wood, Medical Recruitment Consultant
A specialist qualification in Psychiatry and eligible for Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.