Consultant Psychiatrist/Tākuta Mate Hinengaro Mātanga - Specialist Maternal Mental Health
Capital & Coast DHB
Grading Specialist / Consultant
Commencement date Open
Hours per week 20
Application closing date 16 Aug 2020
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Contract: 12 months fixed term (July 2020 - July 2021, part time 0.5 FTE)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Specialist Maternal Mental Health service is a regional community-based, tertiary service supporting women who experience moderate to severe mental health difficulties in the perinatal period. Based in Wellington, the team provides services across Wellington, Hutt Valley and Kāpiti areas.
We are looking for a part time fixed term position Consultant Psychiatrist with peri-natal experience to join our multi-disciplinary team. This position combines to make up a 0.8 FTE medical allocation for the Maternal mental health team.
The ideal applicant will have extensive experience working in mental health and a sound understanding of issues related to the perinatal period including the parent-infant relationship, attachment issues and have the ability to work therapeutically with women and their whānau.
- Undertake assessments, diagnosis and plan and provide treatment with clients and whānau collaboratively
- Advise, consult and liaise with clients and relevant others regarding proposed treatment.
- Work alongside other mental health professionals and provide psychiatric expertise and leadership within the multi-disciplinary approach to client care.
- Supervise Registrars according to RANZCP requirements
- Work collaboratively with mental health, maternity and community providers to ensure best outcomes for women and whanau.
- Participate in a regional perinatal mental health clinical network, and assist with local and regional education.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vocationally registered in psychiatry with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FRANZCP or equivalent and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ
- Experience working in community mental health
- Experience in the perinatal period and parent-infant relationships
- Have a current driver's license
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has the equivalent of around 4,300 full time staff, making us a major employer in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. Te Korowai Whariki services include regional forensic and rehabilitation services covering the Central region while the intellectual disability services extend the length and breadth of the country from six bases located in Whangarei, Auckland, Cambridge, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community. CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples.
Wellington is New Zealand’s capital city, a cultural and cosmopolitan epicentre renowned for its vibrant cafés, restaurants, international sporting and cultural events set in a beautiful natural harbour. With easy access to vineyards in the Wairarapa and beaches on the Kapiti Coast, there’s plenty of opportunity for adventure or simply to relax and unwind.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Please note we will be considering applications as they are submitted.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. We have a number of part time roles that can be combined to make 1 FT, for further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate the vacancy number (SMO30-20) and job title in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Specialist qualification in Psychiatry - FRANZCP or equivalent and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ