Workplace Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Grading Specialist / Consultant
Commencement date Open
Hours per week 40
Application closing date Open
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
We will consider interest in permanent or temporary tenures, hours are negotiable
Taranaki DHB is seeking an Otolaryngologist to join our expanding department providing ORL care to the Taranaki community on a part or full time basis, as well as participation on the on call roster. There are excellent opportunities to develop a private practice in the community to make the role full time if desired. Come and talk with the team about the exciting opportunities that Taranaki DHB and the wider region has to offer.
The applicant should have comprehensive training in General Otolaryngology and should have the FRACS with vocational registration or equivalent qualifi cations. However we are keen to consider candidates that are currently in training posts seeking employment within twelve months.
The successful person will be expected to participate and contribute to the department’s CME activities, including basic & advanced trainee registrar teaching, audit and medical student teaching.
As part of the ORL service you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
Interact daily with other departments.
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service.
- Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. Inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
- Cover for colleagues in their absence.
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide person centred care.
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds.
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services.
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace.
To make an application please apply on our careers page: https://adhbrac.taleo.net/careersection/.tar_ext/jobdetail.ftl
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing health sector. Taranaki Base Hospital, situated in New Plymouth, is a progressive regional secondary referral centre for the province of Taranaki with a range of medical specialties, an Intensivists-managed ICU, an HDU and a well-equipped Radiology Department. In 2013 a new inpatient Clinical Service Block was opened with 6 Wards and a Theatre Block comprising 6 Theatres.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle! The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
To discuss the post informally please contact either Mr. Nicolas Steventon, Clinical Lead - Consultant Otolaryngologist on 0064 6 758 7720 or by e-mail at Nicholas.Steventon@tdhb.org.nz