Old Age Psychiatrist
Workplace MidCentral District Health Board
Grading Specialist / Consultant
Commencement date Open
Hours per week 40
Application closing date 06 Jun 2021
We are looking for an Old Age Psychiatrist to join our motivated team within the Mental Health and Addiction Service at MidCentral District Health Board, primarily working in a community setting. Flexibility regarding the working patterns can be negotiated.
The service has embarked on a significant development programme in the past 18 months, with a new Multidisciplinary Executive Leadership Team.
Our focus at the present is on appointing a full time social worker and full time psychologist and enhancing the community nurses WTE input. Initiatives to further developing the community services include improved working arrangements with local rest homes and other agencies.
The MidCentral Mental Health and Addiction Services provide comprehensive community-based and inpatient based mental health services across the complete age range including:
• Child, adolescent and family mental health services
• Comprehensive community adult services
• Specialist Maori mental health services (Oranga Hinengaro)
• Specialist services for Mental Health for the elderly
• Specialist community alcohol and drug services including OST services
• Comprehensive 24 hour acute care services (crisis intervention service)
• Acute inpatient services (including intensive mental health care-26 beds)
• General hospital liaison psychiatry
• Early intervention services
• Intensive community rehabilitation services.
We have a commitment to continuing medical education and professional development and our peer review group is enrolled with the maintenance of professional standards programme of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. We are recognised by the College for registrar training in inpatient, general adult community, and child and adolescent psychiatry, and this is an area we are seeking to further develop.
There are opportunities to participate in the further development of the service delivery model, develop an area of special interest or become involved in research.
For further information please contact Anita Roberts, Recruitment Coordinator, phone +64 6 350 8849.
A specialist qualification in Old Age Psychiatry and eligible for Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.