Workplace Lakes District Health Board
Specialty Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology
Grading Specialist / Consultant
Commencement date Open
Hours per week N/A
Application closing date 03 Apr 2021
Vacancy No: ROT01043
Lifestyle balanced with professional excellence - trade the BMW for a SUV
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Consultant Radiologist to join a team of 6 Consultants and training Registrar based in Rotorua Hospital.
Lakes DHB provides secondary healthcare services for a resident population of 105,000 through our two hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, both of which have recently had significant upgrades and the addition of new facilities.
Rotorua Hospital is a District General Hospital in one of the most spectacular regions of New Zealand. You will have the opportunity to balance rewarding medical practice with an amazing lifestyle.
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere and you have one of the best places in the world to work as a Radiologist.
Imaging provided in most modalities via:
• 1.5T Philips Achieva MR unit.
• New (Oct 2015) GE Resolution GSI CT.
• Siemens Artis Zee C-arm fluoroscopy suite.
• GE Logic ultrasound units & GE Centricity RIS/PACS.
• Teleradiology service reduces time spent on call.
• Healthy department quality/ audit/ teaching activities.
• Opportunity to work in private practice.
• Hold FRANZCR/FRCR/ACR Board certification or equivalent.
• Be eligible for specialist registration or be within three months of obtaining it.
• Be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
The above position comes with an attractive relocation remuneration package and CME allowance for successful permanent appointments.
Check out what Rotorua has to offer:
http://www.rotoruanz.com/ or http://www.riderotorua.com/
Contact us for further information:
Carleen Dahya, Medical Staff Recruiter
email@example.com or Dr Barbara Hocsteinde, Head of Department,
Mark.Barnes@lakesdhb.govt.nz Ph +64 7 349 7955 ext 7824
If you would like to make an application to this position please visit:
As per the requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 all new employees will be required to be Safety Checked.