Consultant Emergency Medicine/Mahi whakaora ohotata Mātanga (6 months fixed term)
Capital & Coast DHB
Workplace Wellington Hospital
Specialty Emergency Medicine
Grading Specialist / Consultant
Commencement date 03 May 2021
Hours per week 30
Application closing date 04 Mar 2021
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Contract: Permanent, part time (0.75 FTE, 30 hours p/w) Rostered rotating, including evenings and weekends
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fixed term position to cover parental leave. You will complement a team of 19 Emergency Physicians in the Wellington Emergency Department, which is a mixed adult-paediatric department (20% children) with over 67,000 annual presentations and an admission rate of 40%. It is also the regional tertiary and trauma centre and is supported in-house by most specialties. We have a 8 bed ED Observation Unit, a fully functional Minor Care Zone and a separate Paediatric zone. There is very active participation in Ultrasound within the department with oversight and education provided by the Director of Emergency Ultrasound.
Education and training of future Emergency Physicians are high priorities for the department and successful candidates will be required to participate in this program.
- Empathetic, timely and high quality care of patients in the Emergency Department
- Supervise Trainee Interns, House Officers and Registrars
- Assist with acute flow through the Department
- Participate in assessment, management and disposition of patients in the Emergency Department Observation Unit
- Participate in clinical support activities through individual portfolios
- Maintain medical knowledge and skills essential to the role
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vocationally registered in Emergency Medicine with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FACEM or equivalent and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ or ACEM Trainees in their final 6 months of training time who are sitting the OSCE exam in March 2021
- An enthusiastic team-based approach
- Competence in Emergency point-of-care ultrasound
- Relevant training and specialist experience
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples and the Disability Community.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
Wellington is New Zealand’s capital city, a cultural and cosmopolitan epicentre renowned for its vibrant cafés, restaurants, international sporting and cultural events set in a beautiful natural harbour. With easy access to vineyards in the Wairarapa and beaches on the Kapiti Coast, there’s plenty of opportunity for adventure or simply to relax and unwind.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close 4 March 2021 and can only be accepted when submitted through our CCDHB Careers website.
Please note we will be considering applications as they are submitted.
For further information on this role, please email email@example.com and please indicate the vacancy number (SMO12-21) and job title in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Specialist qualification in Emergency Medicine - FACEM or equivalent and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ