Consultant Psychiatrist - Child & Adolescent (Rangatahi Adolescent Inpatient Service)
Capital & Coast DHB
Workplace Porirua, Wellington
Grading Specialist / Consultant
Commencement date Open
Hours per week 40
Application closing date 30 May 2021
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Porirua, Wellington
Contract: Permanent, Full time (40 hours p/w)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for energetic, positive and highly motivated child and adolescent psychiatrist to join our Regional Rangatahi Adolescent Inpatient Service.
The Rangatahi Regional Adolescent Inpatient Service is a 12 bedded unit, one of 3 acute mental health adolescent units in New Zealand and covers the lower half of the North Island serving MHAIDS, Hawkes Bay, Mid Central, Whanganui and Tairawhiti DHBs. It is located on the Kenepuru hospital campus in Porirua. This service provides psychiatric care for adolescents requiring inpatient assessment and/or treatment.
- Clinical duties revolve around assessment and treatment planning for inpatients with complex presentations. These involve working in collaboration with the service user, their family/whanau and the community clinical teams to promote recovery.
- Leading the multi-disciplinary team with planning treatment and attending the weekly MDT meetings.
- Activities include direct face to face time, meeting families and community staff, reviewing records, clinical report writing and attendance at court, meeting with ward staff and discharge planning meetings.
- Supervision of the registrar.
- Involvement with the ward clinical governance process.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience assessing and treating children and adolescents
- Vocationally registered in psychiatry with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FRANZCP or equivalent and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ
- Child and adolescent psychiatry sub-speciality training
- Relevant training and experience
- Have a current driver's license
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
Wellington is New Zealand’s capital city, a cultural and cosmopolitan epicentre renowned for its vibrant cafés, restaurants, international sporting and cultural events set in a beautiful natural harbour. With easy access to vineyards in the Wairarapa and beaches on the Kapiti Coast, there’s plenty of opportunity for adventure or simply to relax and unwind.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications closes on 30 May 2021 and can only be accepted when submitted through our CCDHB Careers Website. We will be considering applications as they are submitted. For further information on this role, email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number SMO19-21 in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Specialist Qualification in Psychiatry - FRANZCP or equivalent and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ